Donald Trump really did have quite a week. The Briefing compiled it all for you in case you blinked and missed anything.
Here is the transcript.
Things Donald Trump did this week:
- refused to endorse Speaker Ryan.
- refused to endorse Senator McCain.
- said that handling sexual harassment has to be “up to the individual.”
- picked a fight with a literal baby.
- attacked Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte.
- responded to his drop in the polls by claiming the election might be rigged.
- advised Americans to pull their 401(k)s out of the stock market.
- attacked the family of a fallen soldier.
- then doubled down on it.
- then tripled down on it.
- and even Chris Christie rebuked him for it.
- called Hillary Clinton “the devil.”
- assured George Stephanopoulos that Putin would not invade Crimea when Putin invaded Crimea two years ago.
- saw his former campaign manager once again question whether or not Barack Obama was born in the United States.
- caused a Republican congressman to endorse Hillary Clinton.
- literally just made up a video of money being dropped off in Tehran.
- was given a veteran’s Purple Heart medal, at which point he said he “always wanted to get the Purple Heart” but conceded that “this was much easier.”
- claimed in a Washington Post interview that he had a strategy to win secret states.
- learned that his old casino, the Trump Taj Mahal, would be closing within a month.
- was described by a former acting CIA director as “an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation.”
- capitulated under pressure from GOP leadership and announced that he was endorsing Speaker Ryan.
That’s some resumé! Fortunately for all of us, Hillary is waiting in the wings.