Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Hillary Clinton and Friends at the Gloria Steinem Play

Diane von Furstenberg, Hillary Clinton, Gloria Steinem, and Daryl Roth. Photo: Bruce Glikas/WireImage/Getty Images

Die-hard theater fan Hillary Clinton is continuing to work through all New York has to offer at the moment. On Thursday night, Clinton showed up at the Off Broadway play Gloria: A Life, alongside her friend activist Jill Iscol, to two standing ovations from the crowd, according to a source. The play’s prolific producer Daryl Roth, as well as Gloria Steinem, its subject, were also in attendance. Completing the collection of accomplished women was designer Diane von Furstenberg ….

Read more >>>>

29 Responses

1. on March 15, 2019 at 4:06 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

I was starting to wonder if you’re okay, Still. It’s been a while since you posted. I’m relieved to see you’re still on the Hillary beat!

In other news, nothing says white male privilege like Beto O’Rourke standing on a cafe counter in Iowa, so high over everyone that people are literally craning their necks to see him. He could have just stood on floor in middle of the room and be seen just fine. Of course, this is the guy who left his family for months to go on a road trip to find himself. Hard pass on this dude for prez though he would have been a perfectly fine senator from Texas, especially given the alternative.

Liked by 1 person

• White male privilege is alive and well! One of my friends is calling him #BABeto. He would have been better in the Senate than Cruz, however, I did read the Vanity Fair article. I found that like Cruz, who kept referencing The Princess Bride, Beto references Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I have never seen any of those movies, so these guys are not speaking to me. Just saying.

2. Right again, Brassy!

I live in Texas and Beto ran against a man who is not liked by his constituents (nor his colleagues in the Senate) and is the reason why Beto came as close as he did in winning… but he didn’t. He should have run against John Cornyn, but hey, like Bernie, his ego came into play and his cult like followers in Texas have led him to believe that he was “born to run for President”! What woman would ever say such a thing and get away with it. His arrogance will be his undoing and for a moment of immediate gratification, his political will take a big hit when he doesn’t win the primary.

However, despite his losing, the media is anointing him an “Obama-esque” candidate! Male white privilege knows no bounds and the media is its constant enabler, despite everything we learned in 2016 when the media chose not to do their job and vet trump but instead attacked Hillary daily over nothing.

Stacy Abrams had an almost impossible campaign in a state like Georgia, but she would have won (much like Hillary’s case) if she didn’t have to deal with election fraud (which Beto did not). She deserves the accolades more so than Beto for what she accomplished in Georgia being not only black but a woman, which is a double whammy in the deep south. If she decides to run for president (which I hope she doesn’t because timing is everything and she has a brilliant political career ahead of her), but if she does, I bet the media will find fault with her while fluffing beto’s pillows, along with Sanders as well. Neither of the men are qualified for the presidency and this isn’t supposed to be reality TV.

The media has learned nothing because they are controlled primarily by older men who still believe that being male is the norm while being female is the “other” summarily taking us out of the mix of living life to our full potential. Such toxic masculinity is going to destroy this country. I’m sick of it.

• on March 15, 2019 at 7:41 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

I’m old enough to remember the media pile-on speculating over Hillary’s pneumonia. There were no media conspiracy theories today over Bernie’s shower door story. Somebody might want to question how you can smack your head hard enough on a shower door to cause a gash requiring seven stitches without first losing consciousness. Another double standard.

Liked by 1 person

• When Hillary bashed her head in her bathroom they had her dying of brain cancer.

• on March 16, 2019 at 7:32 am | Reply Brassy Rebel

Exactly! And supposedly non-transparent Hillary explained how that happened (dehydration from stomach bug caused her to faint). Sanders hasn’t done that. They want us to think the shower door attacked him!

Liked by 1 person

• OMG! She published reports from her doctors and test results. One of my facebook friends referred to “the kotex pasted on Bernie’s head.” I can’t stop laughing.

• on March 16, 2019 at 6:03 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

Well, we shouldn’t be making jokes about a head injury to an elderly person, but my favorite is, “Bernie isn’t familiar with showers. He hasn’t had one since 1978.” Seriously, I hope he’s ok but that this causes him to realize he is in no shape to run for president and drops out. Pretty sure that won’ happen. 🤕

3. on March 16, 2019 at 7:39 am | Reply Brassy Rebel

That video of a deranged Bernie cultist screaming in pregnant Chelsea’s face at a memorial for Christchurch victims is hard to watch. Let me paraphrase John Dean. There is a cancer on the Democratic party called Bernie Sanders since 2015. Instead of excising it, party officials have allowed it to metastasize into 2020. This won’t end well. Again.

Liked by 1 person

• It was a prayer vigil, not a rally, protest, or even a political meeting meant to address the causes and prevention of such tragedies. Attacking people attending prayer meetings whether with guns or with words is wrong. The girl reminded me of someone. Maybe even a couple of people.

Bernie will never control his supporters. I am not sure he can, and that says something about his leadership style as well as ability.

• on March 16, 2019 at 6:07 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

And Chelsea was invited by Muslim student group. These nitwits are acting like she crashed the event. And they were wearing political garb and tried to raise money off the video. Sheesh! I hope Chelsea is all right.

4. on March 16, 2019 at 1:52 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

2016: I will cause you to hate and dread presidential election cycles for the rest of your days on this earth.
    2020: Hold my beer!

Liked by 1 person

5. I don’t wish sanders any ill will re his fall in the shower, but let’s get real here. Had that been Hillary the news would have been all over it saying that she fell because of early signs of dementia! the media was always obsessing about her health and how that would affect her ability to be president, but sanders gets a pass.

Bernie is too old to be president. The day a woman 77 years of age can run without a peep about her health status, then I will accept the passes the media and the public give to both sanders and biden despite their age and not a moment sooner.

sanders does not have “supporters”, he has a cult following, just like trump.

6. on March 20, 2019 at 1:00 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

So now Mayor Pete can go pound rocks. At the rate these 2020 candidates are eliminating themselves by dissing Hillary, I’m afraid there won’t be any left for me to vote for by the time the primaries actually start. And he was on Morning Joke when he did it. A double offense!

7. on March 20, 2019 at 4:04 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

No, Tom Watson, it ain’t a mistake. Straight or gay, these white dudes know EXACTLY what they’re doing. It’s the dogwhistle to other white guys (and gals with internalized misogyny) heard round the whole party.

8. on March 24, 2019 at 5:02 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

Of all the horrible things that have happened today, consider this: Trump and the Russians have just been given the green light to do an encore of their 2016 election attack in 2020. Why wouldn’t they? Except for a few low level actors, they’re all in the clear. And next time, there won’t even be a sham investigation to hold them accountable. I’m pretty sure it’s time to take to the streets.

9. on March 24, 2019 at 5:29 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

And here’s how you know there WAS obstruction of justice–it worked! Installing Barr as AG was obstruction. Gaslighting in media right now is overwhelming.

Liked by 1 person

10. I’m old enough to remember when Bill Clinton saying hello to Loretta Lynch on a tarmac was considered a huge scandal by the media. But when Trump is allowed to install his very own fixer as AG specifically to protect him from the Mueller investigation and he performs as promised, media reaction is, “Cool!”

Liked by 1 person

11. I’m not watching the media. I can’t anymore.

12. Brassy,

Clearly, if we want our country back (if it’s not too late by 2020), it will be up to the women. We cannot continue to trust the men in power because their vision is clouded by their desire to hold on to power by any means necessary.

Women must take to heart that what we need is a woman in the WH. We will not have another like Hillary for another generation or more but we must choose the most qualified person and not fall for the media darling which is usually a male candidate whom the media says is soooo charismatic without focusing on substance. So far, the women running have better qualifications (yes, even over biden and sanders). None of the men running have given any specifics on the policies they want to propose (just a lot of prose) which doesn’t do it for me. Elizabeth Warren has been the most substantive in proposing bold policies and I admire her a great deal for having the courage to put forth ideas that are not “status quo”. I like Harris and Klobuchar. Still don’t know enough about Gillibrand yet. We need the real thing if our republic is going to override a dictatorial government and it has been women who have consistently answered the call to do what’s best for the American people and not their careers, when push comes to shove.

Did you hear…Mcconnell and his thugs just blocked dems move to make the Mueller report public. THIS IS PRECISELY WHY I WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR A MALE PRESIDENT THIS TIME AROUND. IT’S ALL ONE BIG PISSING CONTEST WHEN THEY HAVE ALL OF THE POWER.

Dear God, I miss Hillary!

• on March 25, 2019 at 7:29 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

If this report were really so exculpatory, it would have been made public Friday night. Instead Barr is inventing bs reasons to sit on it. And Republicans will help him even as they claim it exonerates Trump. Prove it.

13. on March 25, 2019 at 7:31 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

14. on March 27, 2019 at 3:22 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

So many people can’t understand why Trump regime zeroed out funding for Special Olympics which serves disabled kids in its budget. I have an idea. It’s because they literally are Nazis.

15. on March 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm | Reply Brassy Rebel

Wynne, I am in general agreement on your principle of only considering women for the nomination. However, I have one exception–Julian Castro. I’m really starting to like him a lot and he doesn’t condescend and dogwhisrle the way the white men do. I want him in the debates but last I heard he didn’t have enough donors. We need to fix that. Also, the media is ignoring him despite his command of policy (or because of it). My preference is a woman but right now I am most impressed by Julian Castro. And people who relegate him to number 2 spot should note he is running for number 1. (He also doesn’t have a weird need to jump on every counter he encounters.)

Liked by 1 person

16. I like Julian too, but I don’t think he surpasses either Harris, Klobuchar or Warren in what he has to offer. I am just tired of waiting for that “perfect” moment for us to take women as seriously as we do men. Every time we have put a man before the woman in the WH, the women are forgotten and the changes we have been waiting a lifetime to see addressed are put on the back burner. It never fails.

Klobuchar has the same calm approach as Julian and she doesn’t talk down to people either. We will not have another extraordinary candidate like Hillary for a long, long time, but we do have women who are equally as qualified, if not more so in many cases, than the men running.

I look forward to the debates when we will have a real opportunity to get to know the candidates better than what we’ve seen so far. One thing is for certain, I will hold the men to the same standard that the women are held to — a level playing field if you will. With a level playing field I believe there will be greater clarity in comparing the candidates true attributes of character and qualifications for the job, without the usual tipping of the scales that always favor the men. Trump is a prime example of how an unlevel playing field can influence how people view those running for the highest office easily making them deaf, dumb and blind to reality.

Comments RSS